Cross Country team seeks more runners

Corey O’Brien, Norwoodxctf Instagram

Dorian Rojas Maldonado, Staff Writer

Cross Country is at the beginning of their season and they need more runners to join.

That’s one of the problems that the Cross Country team is facing this year according to Coach Alanna Keady 

Coach Keady feels there should be more students signing up for cross country. The team is lacking in numbers. 

“It’s a small team that consists of only 16 students so we definitely need more students to sign up,” she said. 

Sophomore David Gray thinks everyone should give cross country a try because it’s a really good sport.

According to Gray, cross country can be a little difficult because it’s a long-distance sport but once you get used to it, it becomes fairly easy. 

Gray finds 5k’s [3.1 miles] pretty difficult but he says overall it’s easy. 

“Running 5k’s can be pretty difficult at times but doing it for two years has definitely helped me when running. The experience really helped me and it’s getting easier” he said.

In the opinion of sophomore Robert Gray, even if you are afraid to not excel in cross country, it gets better over time. It’s never too late to start a new sport.

According to Robert Gray, cross-country coaches are very supportive and have personal relationships with their athletes. Every coach cares about their athletes and is very motivated to help everyone. 

David Gray and Cyril Randall, Norwoodxctf Instagram

Sophomore Robert Gray attributes his success to the relationship he has with his coaches. Having a relationship with his coaches is very important for him.

“My relationship with my coaches is fantastic. The coaches are supportive of the team and they are also very nice” he said.

Freshman Sienna Powers also runs on the cross-country team.

“I love every moment of cross country and it’s very fun when I’m running with my friends!” she said.